Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 2

We met in the lobby at 9 am, which would soon become a familiar routine.

We then took the tube to the National Portrait Gallery where we got lead around on a tour and then had a drawing workshop. I wasn't able to spend much time exploring the museum outside of the tour as we were kind of rushed around and had minimal time after. It was nice to draw though. What I saw was pretty impressive, and this museum is interesting in that the importance is placed on the sitter and not the painter.

We then walked through the city past some historic monuments to the London Eye. We were able to spend a half hour in our own little capsule rising above the city. It was nice to get a view of the city from above. Everyone took pictures but me...my camera was out of batteries. So no pictures until I was on the ground and could buy the juice.

I'm trying to get all these nights straight in my head...I think this night we all went out for Greek food at The Real Greek near Hoxton Square. this place was great! We were able to relax with some wine and hummus and sardines (I recommend not eating the heads...). The atmosphere was great!

Then some of us went on to the pub to meet some of the locals...which we did...quite intoxicated and funny ones who run a design company down the street...one crowned me with my new nickname: Rapunzel. Then suddenly we were being kicked out of the pub. The bartender was grabbing our drinks from our hands (mine mid sip) and telling us to get out! They had decided to close and everyone had to go! No last call here, just a sudden boot out into the street. So we followed our new friends down the street to the next pub...

No comments: